We are very pleased to inform you that our suspended PLATON/POLAR STAR summer course is now taking place online! The course will take place between 20 and 31 of July 2020.
The POLAR STAR online course 2020 draws materials and is organized in the context of the POLAR STAR project which continues the development of the PLATON project methodology and adds-in high quality activities on Arctic research and Astronomy that cover both primary and secondary education.
The overall goal of the course is twofold:
- to upgrade teachers’ current practices by introducing to them a seamless STEAM methodology
- to introduce contemporary science achievements through activities that focus on Arctic Research and Astronomy.
More specifically, it will introduce to teachers how to:
- switch from a teacher-centered approach to a student-centered approach
- teach all STEM disciplines through a seamless methodology that also incorporates artistic expression
- use an interdisciplinary approach to form their own STEM curriculum
The course is designed for teaching professionals in STEM disciplines (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics). Teachers of primary education can also attend the course.
The maximum number of participants is 20. Participants need to speak and understand English and have a stable internet connection.